Community Garden Sustainability Fund Awardees Announced
Twenty-one community gardens were awarded in the April cycle of the Community Garden Sustainability Fund.
- Ballfield Farm
- South Side Slopes Community Garden at Bandi Schaum Field
- Coraopolis Community Garden, Crafton Community Farm
- Eastfield Co-Operative Garden, Enright Community Garden
- Frazier Farms
- Glenn Avenue Community Garden
- Good Neighbor Garden
- Hamnett Place Community Garden
- Larimer Community Garden
- Martin Luther King Jr. Community Garden
- McKeesport Community Garden
- Saint Joan of Arc Church Garden
- St Clair Organic Garden
- Sankofa Village Community Garden
- Sharpsburg Community Garden
- South Hills Interfaith Movement Community Garden
- Tarentum Friendship Garden
- Troy Hill Citizens’ Elbow Street Community Garden, and
- Westinghouse Learning Garden.
The CGSF is a project of the Western Pennsylvania Conservancy and Grow Pittsburgh that exists to provide support to existing community food gardens in Allegheny County. The program has been active since 2012, having supported 60 community gardens with nearly $35,000 in materials, not including staff time.
There’s still time to apply for our June 1 deadline or to begin preparing for our August 1 funding cycle.