Why Grow Food?
Whether you are growing in your own garden, a community garden, or purchasing from an urban farm, being an active participant in your local food system has incredible benefits.
- Bolstering Food Security and Food Sovereignty
- Connecting with the Earth and Helping the Environment
- Increasing Access to Nutritious Food
- Cultivating Joy and Relaxation
- Helping Folks Save Money
- Individual and Collective Empowerment
- Creating a Sense of Place
new early childhood education gardens created in 2021-22 school year
estimated lbs of food grown across 44 Grow Pittsburgh community gardens in 2022
pounds of food grown in 2022 at our urban farms
Urban Garden Map
Check out our interactive urban garden map for places to get growing in your neighborhood. And if you're growing food in or around Pittsburgh, please add your garden.