Grow Pittsburgh believes that everyone in our region should have the opportunity to grow and eat local, healthy, affordable, and culturally appropriate food. Collaborating with neighborhoods to grow food and teach sustainability creates healthy communities.
Since 2010, we have worked with communities to start 27 gardens in Allegheny County through our City Growers and Allegheny Grows programs.
Last year we worked with 417 community gardeners to create 4,510 square feet of growing space. With members support we were able to make improvements to the Garden Resource Center, a garden tool lending library and resource depot that serves over 350 individual and community gardeners.
Membership supports these programs and gives communities the resources and support they need to grow. Together we can grow communities!
Your membership gift supports community gardens in our region.
Your monthly membership gift of $5 or more helps sustain community gardens in our region. Consider a repeat payment at check out.
- $60 buys 10 straw bales for a community garden to keep down weeds and build healthier soil
- $75 provides seed garlic for current City Growers and Allegheny Grows gardens
- $100 purchases a high-quality wheelbarrow for a garden
- $120 supplies a large community garden with organic vegetable seeds
- $1000 covers all of the compost and soil needed for one new community garden
- $500 provides quality metal signage for a new community garden