- This event has passed.
Garden Planning Workshop
March 7 @ 10:00 am - 2:00 pm
Lead by Chris Kosin
Learn the skills and tools that you need to start your own backyard garden.
Topics will include:
- Selecting your growing area
- How much space/how many plants for your household?
- How to establish a new bed (raised, in-ground, containers)
- How to layout/space your seedlings
Care tips will focus on:
- Layout for optimum light within your space
- Plant spacing/multi-sowing
- Importance of healthy active soil (in no till methods)
A nod to IPM by companion planting and using pollinator plants to control pests/diseases will be discussed. We will also cover using perennial plantings and woody plants to encourage habitat and soil structure will also be briefly discussed.