- This event has passed.
Extending Your Season with Low & High Tunnels
September 14 @ 6:30 pm - 8:00 pm$10
Learn how to use these versatile structures to get the most from your farm.
Continuing the conversation from our “Hoop House Design & Construction” webinar, join us for a tour of the tunnel structures at Braddock Farms, an urban farm in Pittsburgh that has been in operation for more than a decade. Farm Manager Nick Lubecki will identify the unique features of Braddock’s tunnels and discuss how these help increase production.
We’ll also cover some hoop house basics including:
- common cropping systems in hoop houses
- unique crops that can be grown in tunnels
- how the growth of tunnel crops are affected by being under cover
- key hoop house features that can positively affect crop production
- Nick Lubecki, Grow Pittsburgh
- Dan Dalton, Pasa Sustainable Agriculture
- Capacity: This event is limited to 20 registrants.
- COVID-19: Please review our safety protocols for in-person events.
- Questions? Check out our in-person event FAQs. If you still have a question, contact email@example.com.